Wednesday 12 June 2024

Six the Musical in Edinburgh

I have been to see Six the Musical yet again this week - twice! My sixth and seventh times. It’s on at the Edinburgh Playhouse so this also entailed two trips to Edinburgh. On Tuesday evening I went with Heather and we had dinner first in the St James’ Centre in the “Scottish Marketplace” an area with lots of small food outlets which reminded me a little bit of the food mall that we went to in Dubai near the Burj Khalifa. I had tofu with a chilli and honey sauce which was delicious. The show was sold out and the audience was very enthusiastic. The little girl next to me was eating a large bucket of popcorn very loudly but it didn’t matter because the show itself is quite loud. It was also nice to chat with Heather at dinner and on the train journeys. 

The next day James and I also went by train to Edinburgh but we went earlier in the afternoon because the show started earlier at 5 p.m. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon so we got off the train at Haymarket and walked to Stockbridge along leafy streets and crescents. We went to Sheila Fleet and bought a silver enamelled necklace for Lucy’s 21st. I thought that it was very pretty with summery colours, however it may not be to Lucy’s young taste, so we made sure to get a gift receipt. Then we continued to the Playhouse where we had a drink in the airy upstairs bar where Heather and I also went yesterday. I loved seeing Six again; James was not so excited but said that it was “ok” which is fair enough, at least he came along and tried it. We went to a Pizza restaurant after the show, which was very nice, and then home by train, changing at Bellshill which meant that we didn’t have to go all the way into town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment