Tuesday 18 June 2024

Sir Ian plunges from stage

What a beautiful week we are having! Warm, sunny, big white clouds. I treated myself to a bunch of peonies a few days ago and put them in a vase in the back room. They have bloomed beautifully into huge white flowers, crinkly petals in the middle with big smooth petals surrounding each flower. They have a light, delicate scent which reminds me of jasmine, and I absolutely love them. I had coffee yesterday with Ally W at the Hidden Tearoom and then we went for a walk around Kelvingrove Park which looked lush and leafy. And then I went to David Lloyd for an invigorating swim, which totally justified the large scone that I had consumed earlier. I had another lovely swim this morning with Alison T, followed by spa and lunch. 

I was concerned to hear that Sir Ian McKellen, our favourite neighbour of Ally and Cat’s, fell off the stage yesterday after mis-stepping during a performance of Player Kings. As avid readers of this blog will know, we saw him in this play only a few weeks ago. Sir Ian is eighty-five years old and I must admit that I feared the worst; after all he is elderly and falling from the stage (or “plunging” as the Daily Mail put it!) is quite daunting not to mention painful. So I was very relieved this morning to hear on the news that he only has minor injuries and even hopes to return to the play soon. What a trooper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment