Wednesday 17 July 2024

Assassination attempt

There have been lots of sports on the television recently; the Euros (football), Wimbledon, and at the end of July there will be the Olympics in Paris. This all provides a pleasant and entertaining backdrop for the summer. Since returning from Ullapool we have had a quiet but pleasant time starting with a delicious curry at Rasoi with Heather and Ewan. They gave us presents from their amazing holiday to the USA; a Nashville themed notebook and pen for me and some liqueur for James. Anyone who knows me will know that I am obsessed with stationery and I am going to use my fabby notebook and pen to make notes about country music. In world news, there was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump on Saturday when he was speaking at a campaign event. He turned his head and the bullet clipped his ear, he could easily have died. No matter what anyone thinks of Trump it was a terrible thing to do. The young shooter was quickly shot and killed, I wonder what were his reasons. 

I went to see “Van Gogh and Beyond” at the SEC with Ally W; it was really good, a continuation of the immersive exhibition that James and I saw in Paris in 2019. It was peaceful sitting in the big hall watching the beautiful images being built up layer upon layer. I met up with Sharon on Tuesday and we had a great chat at the Heritage Park Café which I haven’t visited for ages. And today James and I had a convivial brunch with Gerry and Janis. So it has been a pleasant interlude at home before we set off to the Cotswolds tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment