Sunday 21 July 2024

RIAT 2024 Day Three

Our 3rd day at RIAT and it was still very warm and sunnier than yesterday which was a bit cloudy. We set off even earlier just after 7.30 a.m. and it only took fifteen minutes to arrive and get parked at the airfield. After breakfast rolls at the picnic table in the FRIAT enclosure, I set up my deckchair in the shade, and James went off to take photos of the static display. The air show was sold out all three days and it was incredibly busy outside the peaceful wee world of the FRIAT enclosure; when I went out to the main concourse for a walk myself the grass was covered in families enjoying the sunshine and the flying displays. It was a great atmosphere. 

News reports about Tom from Angela, Chanel and Davie are reassuring. He is eating well, and being given lots of attention. Flora continues to hiss and growl at him; surely she must realise by now that it’s Tom wearing a cone and not some monster? Sometimes I suspect that Flora likes a bit of drama! 

Meanwhile out in the big world Joe Biden has withdrawn from the presidential race in the USA. I’m a bit torn about this; on one hand I do think that 81 is a bit old to be president but on the other hand the media have been hunting him down over the past few weeks and it has felt a bit like ageism and bullying. I can’t imagine why he wants to be president at the age of 81 anyway. We had dinner in an excellent and very pretty pub a couple of miles down the road called the Crown at Ampney Brook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment