Tuesday 30 July 2024

Al fresco

Warm summer weather continues and it’s rather lovely to be able to sit outside. We had dinner with Gordon and Morag at the Partick Duck Club on Sunday and beforehand we had drinks sitting at one of the tables outside. Then on Monday Jenn F and I went swimming at David Lloyd and enjoyed using the outdoor jacuzzi. These last few days have been my swan song at David Lloyd, for now at least. I just can’t justify the hefty monthly fee when we spend so much time in Ullapool or on holiday - a very nice problem to have! I am going to consider other options in the autumn, possibly a return to the perfectly acceptable South Lanarkshire facilities. I will miss the David Lloyd outdoor pool though! 

Last week I bought myself a new wee foldable table and two chairs, and James and I have been eating breakfast sitting just inside the open French windows. Today I had coffee at Vin18 with Alison T; sitting guess where? Out in the garden of course! And then a trip to Stevenston in Ayrshire to talk Shakespeare with Caroline and Jamie, such a lovely afternoon. I got home to find James relaxing in the garden with Tom and Floof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment