Saturday 6 July 2024

Pies in Lochinver

Well I was wrong - it was a complete landslide for Labour. The news on Friday was naturally full of the election results; Rishi Sunak left Downing Street and Keir Starmer arrived. Locally to us, Cambuslang remains Labour (Michael Shanks won it from the SNP in a by-election last October) and Ullapool has voted in the Lib Dems after nine years of the SNP. The weather was much improved so James and I decided to go on a wee pie run to Lochinver. We popped into An Cala for lunch and shortly afterwards Susan W and Sheila came walking in! They are on their annual holiday to Achmelvich, but it’s still quite a coincidence! They joined us and we all had a good chat. But unfortunately James ended up paying for their lunch because we were all on the same table. Later I transferred him the money so all was sorted. 

James thinks that I have been taking too long to come off my meds before going on to the new ones and that I should stop tapering off slowly. So with some misgivings I stopped them yesterday and unfortunately I quickly started experiencing some bad side effects, so I’m not feeling very well. Hopefully this will pass soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment