Sunday 21 April 2024

The Mavericks

We have had a pleasant and even quite social time since our return from our trip to Islay and Jura. Forrest and Marjory came round on Saturday evening and we had a Chinese meal from Peking Palace, which was tasty. I had tofu with satay sauce, which I haven’t tried before, and it was really good. We all had a good chat and catch up, while Tom and Flora sat on the back of the sofa and listened intently to our conversation. 

On Sunday we met up with Heather and Ewan at Amarone because we had missed our planned curry with them due to our postponed flight. We met in town because they were going to The Mavericks concert at the GRCH later, and James suggested that he and I could go to the cinema. He had looked at going to the Mavericks too but it was completely sold out. I was not to be thwarted however and kept my eye on the Gumtree website. Mid afternoon the offer of two Mavericks tickets appeared, at a nicely discounted rate since the concert was only a few hours later. After a quick flurry of messages I arranged to collect the tickets from Renfrew on our way into town. We had a lovely meal with Heather and Ewan and a great chat, and the concert was fantastic. Our tickets were up high right at the back, facing the stage, in a seating area that I hadn’t even noticed before! They were deemed “restricted view” because a handrail crossed in front of one of them, but James could see over it easily and we thought that they were great seats. The band were tuneful and joyful and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I don’t know much of their music apart from “Dance the Night Away” and I didn’t even realise, until Ewan mentioned it, that it is Country Music. I realise now that it is indeed Country, with a bit of Cuban and Tex-Mex. It was a great evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment