Saturday 13 April 2024

Pierogi fail

I’m in the process of clearing out our freezers by eating things that have been lurking in there for a while. One of these things is a bag of frozen pierogi, which I bought last year after our trip to Krakow. I loved eating pierogi in Krakow so on our return to Glasgow I visited our local Polish shop and bought a big bag of them. This evening I cooked them for dinner, and served them with a beetroot and horseradish sauce. The results were rather disappointing, in fact James remarked that it was a new low in my catering! We put the leftovers out on the bird table, hoping that they won’t do the birds too much harm! This reminded me of a story that my Dad used to tell, about when my Mum put out for the birds the remains of a fruit cake that had turned out to be far too heavy. My Dad claimed that he saw a bird standing with its wing wrapped around a clothes pole, and the other wing holding its sore tummy! And that another bird tried to fly away but the fruit cake it had consumed prevented it from taking off properly and its belly kept bouncing along the ground as it tried to gain height! 

In other news I had a lovely facial and head & shoulder massage on Wednesday at Ocho Spa in Speirs Wharf, which was part of my Christmas present from Ally and Cat. It was very relaxing and my skin felt glowing afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment