Monday 1 April 2024

A Spring weekend in Glasgow

On Saturday Heather and I had our afternoon tea at the House for an Art Lover. It was delicious and we were so full! This was my birthday present for Heather and Ewan. We had time for a short walk around the walled garden, which was looking spring-like with daffodils, crocuses and forsythia. We headed into Glasgow and parked at Concert Square and had a quick browse around John Lewis before meeting James and Ewan at the Tap Room in West Nile Street. A convivial afternoon and evening followed, and we sensibly didn’t make it too late a night, mindful of the clocks going forward during the night, therefore losing us an hour of sleep. I insisted on giving Heather and Ewan a lift home and when we got to the car park I handed James what I thought was the parking ticket so that we could enter. It turned out that I had accidentally handed him an old train ticket, which I thought was very funny! 

We woke to an absolutely beautiful morning on Sunday and while James went for his customary big walk, I hastened over to David Lloyd where I had a lovely outdoor swim and then a spa. I then met James at the Finnieston for lunch; it’s very much a fish restaurant and the vegetarian choices were limited. We had a nice time and then headed home to relax with our kitties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment