Saturday 27 April 2024

Agricultural Rock

Spring continues to tease us with the outdoors temperature rising and then being replaced with chill breeze before warming up again. But I can tell that it’s going in the right direction. Book club on Wednesday at Susan’s had a few undercurrents, regarding school stuff. Teachers have a difficult job and I think it’s even harder for them now. I had a walk with Alison in Pollok Park on Thursday followed by coffee at the Burrell, it was lovely to see her but what can I do to make her feel better? Nothing at all except be there for her. On Saturday evening James and I went to Jethro Tull; James’ choice since he liked them in their heyday, although they were never one of his top choices. The Royal Concert Hall was sold out, and the aging fans (I include ourselves in that!) enjoyed the quirky folk-rock music very much. No one enjoyed themselves more than founder and lead singer Ian Anderson, who pranced about with his flute, tootling away and often standing on one leg, tapping the rhythm on it with his other leg! The songs were about countryside life, politics, religion, homeless people to name but a few. It was a great concert, much better than I had expected! 

No comments:

Post a Comment