Saturday 29 March 2014

Back to Carluccio's

It has been a very pleasant week, with work going well and several lovely evenings out. On Thursday evening I went for dinner with Heather and Jennifer. I wanted to choose somewhere age appropriate for my beautiful teenage god-daughter so we went to the burger joint that I visited for the first time on my birthday; Bread meets Bread. First of all I drove round and round George Square looking for a parking place. I'm usually very lucky when parking, as cars often conveniently draw out and vacate a space right in front of me! However luck was not with me on Thursday, so I texted Heather and we met at the restaurant. I enjoyed my burger although it was rather spicy. These new burger places (like Buddy's on Tuesday) have a lot in common. The menu is fairly short and to the point (burgers, pulled pork, poutine), and the service is fast and friendly. You can't book a table but you don't have to wait more than fifteen minutes. The clientele is young - in fact I am certain that I was the oldest person in the restaurant on Thursday! Not that it bothered me. The speedy service gives the impression that you are not meant to linger (although to be fair they didn't make us feel hurried) so we went round the corner to Carluccio's for coffee and a chat. I haven't been there for a while and it was very nice.
So today when I was in Glasgow shopping and I felt the need for a coffee I popped back into Carluccio's all by myself. I sat and enjoyed my coffee and watched the world go by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment