Thursday 20 March 2014

I'm back!

The last six weeks have been very difficult as I have struggled with anxiety, but with a great deal of support from family and friends I am cautiously optimistic that I have come through this episode. It's not the first time that something like this has happened to me, and it has been triggered by various things over the years. I'm lucky that it is episodic, I can't imagine what it must be like to feel anxious all the time. I hope to be back to more regular blogging from now on!
Today is officially the first day of Spring (my favourite season) but you wouldn't have guessed it from the wild and windy weather. I had an interview in the morning which I'm glad to say was successful, so now I know that I will be DHT until June so I have a bit more certainty. After school I started a first aid course which I need to do so that I can be validated as a Duke of Edinburgh leader again this year. The trainer was enthusiastic and we all enjoyed it.
Davie has been working hard to complete his Biology and Chemistry Advanced Higher assignments. He is a bit behind schedule but I am impressed with how much effort he is now putting in to meet his deadlines. He had his Prom last Friday and had a great time; he has made some really good friends over the last couple of years. He now has a bunch of conditional offers from universities so he knows what he needs to aim for.
Ally has decided to spend his year abroad in Oslo in Norway. It will be a great experience for him but we will all miss him. It will be fun visiting him though, and I think our next year's ski holiday might be to Lillehammer! I will also miss Cat because of course she will be visiting him in Oslo rather than here! Luckily she has promised to take me for lots of lunches in Edinburgh!
Jamie now knows that he will be getting a job in Scotland and is now submitting his preferences for hospitals. I think that he and Aisling are hoping to work in Edinburgh or Glasgow. Cat has booked a treat for us - we are all meeting up to go ice-climbing at Xscape in a couple of weeks, which will be a really lovely way to end the term.
As for James, I am very grateful to him for being so good to me over the last few weeks, so I decided to get him a present. I bought him a quince tree (he wants to make quince jelly!) and he was delighted and planted it in the garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment