Saturday 31 August 2024

Tom and Floof in Ullapool

The cats have been spending their summer in Ullapool with us. They are hilarious. Tom was at my side in the bedroom one morning, brushing his tail against my leg, when suddenly I heard James speaking to him downstairs. How did he get there so quickly? He must have moved so fast! Flora is still skittish about going outside, but when I’m sitting outside on the bench having a cup of tea she loves to come and sit beside me. She likes to start her day under the bed, and then progresses to the top of the bed, and then downstairs for the afternoon. She likes to have a routine. I had stashed my soft red case under the bed after my trip to Glasgow, and Floof decided that it would make a good bed under-the-bed for her! One sunny morning James reached under the bed and pulled out the case with Floof still blinking on top of it, picked her up and carried her outside, telling her, “The weather is too lovely to stay indoors!” Far from being annoyed, Flora stayed outside all morning and ran about the garden happily. When James and I were walking down the path towards the village yesterday Tom trotted down the path behind us but he stayed at a distance and stopped well before the bridge. He knows the limits of his territory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment