Thursday 6 May 2021

Dining and Voting

I didn’t feel very motivated to go for my swim this morning but once I got into the pool I enjoyed myself. It was raining quite hard and the raindrops sent up little splashes as they hit the water. It was beautiful. 
It was just as well that I took some exercise because Janes and I then went out for a rather lavish lunch. Heather and Ewan gave me a voucher for Six by Nico for my birthday, which was a lovely gift, however we were then in lockdown for the next four months so the restaurants were closed! Six by Nico has a sister business called Home by Nico but the voucher was valid only for the restaurant. I booked the meal as soon as I could, and oh boy it was worth the wait!
The current theme is “The Circus” and the six courses all had elements of illusion and the unexpected, and were imaginative and delicious. It’s very difficult to pick out my favourite course but I think that I would have to choose the herb gnocchi with samphire, crushed artichoke and caper and raisin purée - I don’t know how the chefs know that these amazing flavours go together so well. Alcohol is not allowed to be served indoors at the moment, so mocktails were offered instead, and they were very good - especially the candied apple mocktail. 
We stopped to vote on our way home. We had been informed on the radio that we needed to bring our own pencils*  but apart from that, and of course wearing masks, the voting process was just the same as usual. Civic duty done, we headed home to see the kitties. 

* it turned there was a basket of pencils provided, probably because many people around here would forget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment