Thursday 19 November 2020

The Only Way is Up

My wrist continued to be very sore over the next few days. James bought me a wrist support from Boots which helped. We stayed on in Ullapool until last Thursday, then headed south, meeting Alison and Hugh for another very pleasant lunch on our way. On Friday morning James dropped me off at Hairmyres A&E. There was no delay and they sent me through to the minor injuries clinic and thence to the X Ray department. I certainly know my way along that corridor, unfortunately, due to my several broken ankles! Sure enough my wrist is fractured - it’s the radius bone. I was given a splint which I have to wear for six weeks. The good news is that I can remove it when I take a shower. The bad news is that my wrist is still sore - I hope that it stops aching soon. 
When we arrived home on the Thursday evening Cat made a delicious meal for us which was lovely. And we had a relaxing (although rainy) weekend, we watched a couple of good films with Ally and Cat. 
On Tuesday Nicola Sturgeon made the announcement that we had been expecting. 11 Scottish councils, including South Lanarkshire, have been moved into Tier 4. So cafés and restaurants and non-essential shops will all close again from tomorrow, and travelling outside our council area (unless on urgent business) will be illegal. So we can’t go back to Ullapool for a while. It is hoped that these restrictions will be relaxed again in a few weeks. 
Oh dear oh dear. I feel that this has been rather a gloomy post! Did I mention that the weather has been terrible too? Oh well, as my Mum would say, I should be grateful because we are all warm and safe and have good health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment