Friday 20 May 2016

Croissants at Covent Garden

On Tuesday morning Jennifer came into London to meet me, and we had a lovely time. We met at Piccadilly and walked along to Covent Garden where we had coffee and croissants while listening to street entertainers playing classical music - excellent! I particularly enjoyed Pachelbel's Canon in D, an old baroque favourite of mine. Then we went for a wander and ended up having a bite to eat on the top floor of Waterstones book shop. But mainly we talked and laughed! It was great to see Jennifer and have a good old chat. 
I made my way to London City airport in plenty of time for my 5 p.m. flight and passed the time by reading. At the moment I'm reading Elena Ferrante's Neapolitan quartet as recommended by Heather in preparation for our holiday in Sorrento this summer - I am finding them very compelling, and reading them back to back is quite intense. James met me at the airport. What a great weekend - and how nice to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment