Wednesday 7 July 2021

July musings

Our lovely holiday is over. We said goodbye to Heather and Ewan on Sunday morning and then set off back to Glasgow ourselves on Monday; the garage in Ullapool finally admitted (after five weeks!) that they just can't fix our car, so the AA have transported it to Glasgow Audi. This will no doubt be costly, but the good news is that they are talking about fixing it in days rather than weeks! Thank goodness that Heather offered her car to transport the bikes to the Western Isles and that Ewan offered to do the driving, because our wee courtesy car wasn't big enough to take the bike rack. 
Since our return to Cambuslang, the weather has been very warm which I suppose shouldn't surprise me 
since we are well into July. The gooseberries and redcurrants are ripe and I have been picking some of them today; I will freeze the gooseberries and make redcurrant jelly. On Tuesday morning James and I walked along to Burnside to pick up a picture that we had put in to get framed at Brian MacDougall's, and we also had a coffee sitting outside at Cafe Gelato. As we walked home I was absolutely sweltering. 
I am blogging while half watching the Euros semi-final between England and Denmark*, with Ally, Cat, James and Iain. I'm supporting England, because Scotland has already been knocked out. In this I think that I am in the minority in Scotland, where very many people would support "A.B.E." (anybody but England.) But if Scotland are no longer in a competition I like to support the other home nations. 
A propos of nothing, I remembered earlier that today would have been my Mum and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary. 

* England won 2 - 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment