Sunday 11 November 2018

One hundred years

Ally and Cat watched the Armistice Day Ceremony and Parade in London, from the corner of Whitehall and Downing Street. They had a tremendous view of the wreath-laying ceremony and the military parade, followed by a 10,000 strong “people’s parade”. What an historic occasion to be part of, one hundred years since the end of the 1st World War. James and I watched the ceremony on television from the comfort of our couch; we had thought about going to church but Grandma isn’t too well, and James spent most of the day at her house.
I joined him later on because I was at a fund-raiser for an Autism base in the afternoon where I ate too much cake and impulsively bought a gorgeous gold sequinned dress in 1920s style. Christine said “You will look like a slapper!” which took me aback slightly until she corrected herself and said “I mean a flapper!” I thought that this was very funny. 


No comments:

Post a Comment