Wednesday 9 October 2024

Juno and the Paycock

I had a good sleep in the Hammersmith Premier Inn and headed to Soho for brunch with Gordon in a wee Australian café called Scarlett Green. I was very excited to see Juno and the Paycock at the nearby Gielgud Theatre, and it didn’t disappoint! Mark Rylance was excellent as lazy fantastist “Captain” Jack Boyle, and although the story was tragic in many ways, it had funny moments and a note of hope for the mother and daughter who found strength in each other. J. Smith-Cameron was just as good as the matriarch and the rest of the cast were strong too. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Gordon and I then made our way to the Royal Albert Hall where we met up with James who had flown to London at lunch time. We had dinner at Café Verdi which was very pleasant, and then the boys went to their David Gilmour concert. It’s just as well that I was there because it turned out that one of the concert attendees ID had to match that of the person who booked the tickets, I suppose to make it more difficult to resell the tickets. So Gordon and I had to go over to the box office, who quickly authorised Gordon to go in. I then consulted Google maps and took a bus from right outside the Royal Albert Hall to Hammersmith Bus Station, and walked five minutes to the Premier Inn. I was pleased with my navigation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment