Pages

Sunday, 21 June 2026

Ice bath and Barbecue

It was an absolutely glorious day today and we spent almost all of it outside. 
James plugged in my ice bath and I filled it using the garden hose; it was such a pleasure to sit up to my neck in cold water. It was about 15 degrees straight from the tap, but the refrigeration unit had lowered the temperature to about 5 degrees by the evening. The minimum is 3 deg C. It’s really great how effectively it cools you down, something that I find difficult to achieve in hot weather. As a result I felt nice and refreshed after my dip, and although I warmed up again I felt invigorated.
Jamie and Kerry shopped for and prepared a barbecue and Chris and Dave came round to join us. What pleasant and interesting young men they are; Chris was talking about his three wee children and life on the farm, and Dave was telling us about his life and plans. The barbecue was a great success with delicious salads to accompany the meat; Kerry’s potato salad is the best in the world. After dinner James and I excused ourselves so that the young folk could chat amongst themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment